Few tools are as important as a pocket knife to a gentleman according to me.
Pocket knives have been used for centuries now evolving to meet the needs of man as he has developed.
Today I will give you my personal preferences for those willing to explore this exciting field.
Reasons to carry a pocket knife
Everyone will have a reason why they carry a pocket knife, and it’s good to have a personal reason why you do so too.
I would like to mention 3 popular reasons why people carry pocket knives today, and I hope that yours will be somewhere in there:
3 Best Pocket Knives for Gentlemen
Let us look at my 3 best picks for you today.
There are 3 main types of pocket knives in the market that you need to know of:
- Minimalist Folders
- The Multitool or Campers’ knife
- Pen Knives and Variants.
The three Pocket knives that I will recommend all fall among these subgroups.
From experience, it is very hard for you to go wrong with pocket knives.
This simple fact made the process of narrowing it down to 3 knives very difficult so I hope these will be more than helpful to you.
1. Gerber Pocket Square Knife
Coming in just under 4 inches, this knife is the perfect description of a minimalist folder.
The Pocket square is equipped with aluminum handles that are not overly fancy to give the knife an overall clean and modern look.
With a blade this short, the knife is used mainly for lightweight cutting tasks.
Its locking mechanism gives reassurance of its sturdiness and its very deep clip ensures that it will hold steady when it is attached to your pocket.
The main issue that I found was that I needed to sharpen it if I engaged in more intense cutting work.
Other than that this is hands down the best minimalist pocket knife that comes at this budget-friendly price.
2. Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit X
This beautiful machine made in Switzerland is the best description of a multi-tool.
With a height of 18mm and a length of 105mm, the swiss knife boasts a total of 24 functions under its belt.
Talk about functionality.
This beautifully crafted knife can be used as a file, a bottle opener, and even a wire cutter thanks to its ingenious components.
The only issue that you might face might be the price, but compared to the value that it offers, it is very much worth it.
3. Case XX WR
This Case Knife only comes in a blue pearl kirinite design ensuring that it stands out almost immediately.
The whole knife measures around 4.125 inches when closed with each blade around 4 inches in length.
The Case XX WR is a classic trapper knife that is extremely handy for the skinning of trapped game.
The only issue that I encountered is the absence of thumb studs, meaning that you will have to use fingernails to manually take out the blade.
- Smooth Opening: IKBS ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth
- Easy To Sharpen: High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Classy Appearance: Satin finish blade has a modern look
- Low Profile: Slim clip fits comfortably in pocket
- Fast Opening: Thumbstud with IKBS ball bearing pivot deploys the blade fast
- Strong And Lightweight: Glass-reinforced nylon handle is durable and...
- 1. 100% Bohler M390 stainless steel blade takes an edge razor sharp and is...
- 2. Palm wide small size and slim straight up overall pen-like shape and...
- 3. 3D machine milled 6Al4V titanium handle provides secure and comfortable...
- The blade is made of D2 steel and is manually quenched by craftsmen with...
- The knife handle of G10 provides you with a strong grip. There is also a...
- Size: Total Length: 9.17 inch, Blade length: 3.55 inch, Handle length: 5.1...
- Strength and Safety - Easy to open with flipper on the blade. The liner...
- Ball Bearing Technology - Featuring ball bearing technology that allows...
- Handsome Handle, Personalized Style – Textured G10 or natural woodgrain...
So, what’s the best Gentleman Pocket Knife?
The best gentleman’s pocket knives are…
- Gerber Pocket Square Knife
- Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit X
- Case XX WR
If I had to pick just 1 it would be Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit X and here is why, compared to all the knives that I have tried to date, the Victorinox manages to do everything that each knife does while keeping its style clean and tidy.
What do you think?
Last update on 2021-08-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API