The friction folder knives were originally folding pocket knives. In this blog, I will help you understand why you need to have a frictional folder knife.
These knives have a unique characteristic that fits your daily needs as a hunter, in fishing, and will help enhance your survival skills in camping or mountain climbing.
The traditional and yet smaller modern frictional folder pocket knives are cool.
These are the three best friction folder knives…
- Svord Mini peasant
- Opinel no.6
Here’s more information on each…
Svord Mini peasant
For the lovers of the frictional folder, the Svord Mini peasant is one of the best choices that will help you enjoy one of the best peasant features.
It has a large yet simple screw with barebones scales that makes it easy to maintain and switch materials.
The Svord Mini peasant is a smaller version consisting of a 2.5-inc blade; however, the regular peasant comes with a 3-inch blade that withstands a high force and rarely breaks.
Your preference for Svord Mini peasant is based on the following key specifications; the overall length of 6.75 inches, the blade length of 2.5 inches, a drop point blade style, and it is made from stainless steel.
This tool’s key features include a flat grind; the handle material is made from polypropylene.
If you are looking for a viable option of a fun tool to play around with, this is the best choice.
- It is affordable.
- It is easy to carry in your pocket during your adventure.
- The polypropylene handle provides grips that prevent the knife from sliding away when in use.
- Since the knife is made from stainless steel materials, it cannot rust easily.
- It has a shorter blade length.
I included this tool since it is sizable to carry in your pocket, and its pricing makes it affordable to most people.
If you are looking for a pocket-size, quality, and affordable friction folder knife, Kershaw Pub is one of the best options. The knife is designed with a keychain multitool that is different from the pure knife.
It is packed with a flathead screwdriver, offers a bottle opener, and has a one-inch and half blade.
The knife serves a wide array of functions, including cutting ropes, opening cans, bottle openers, and driving screws.
You may need to consider Kershaw Pub key features such as the knife’s overall length is 4.5 inches, and the blade length is 1.625 and the blade style assumes a sheepsfoot.
The grind is hollow, while the handle is made from aluminum. It is the most convenient carrying system that fits your pocket or key chain.
- It is light to carry around since it is made from aluminum.
- Aluminum is easy to sharpen.
- The knife is light to carry.
- It is affordable
- It is suitable for cutting hard materials or objects.
I included this tool since it is 80% useful during the adventure and is made from the best cutting materials that ensures good grip handle.
Opinel no.6 fits as your best choice because it is a bigger version of the frictional folder knives.
The blade goes past the three inches and there is another smaller version of this knife you can choose from.
Although other companies will give you simplicity, Opinel gives you the option.
For instance, the brand makes the same design for various sizes and they make them from different materials without changing the shape of the knife itself.
Opinel no.6 offers you some unique features, including; its overall length is 6.5 inches, a blade length of 2.9 inches, clip point blade style, high carbon steel, a convex grind.
It has a beechwood handle material, a pocket carry system,
- It offers a wide variety of the same design.
- It is affordable.
- Beechwood handle provides better grips.
- High carbon steel is more susceptible to corrosion and rust.
I included this tool since it offers a wide option based on the same brand and shape of the knife.
- BPS Knives friction folder knife made of stainless steel 5Cr14MoV with aged...
- Has no locking mechanism except for the grip of your hand(Legal in most...
- Hardened to 55-57 HRC and razor-sharp blade out of the box
- Designed by Jared Price and precision engineered by Kizer
- 2.375" CPM-S35VN blade tactical flipper folding pocket knife with clip
- Handle Material:Titanium, Blade Material:CPM-S35VN, Weight:3.36 oz, Overall...
- Made by the last remaining manufacturer of this trademarked knife, Nagao...
- Blade approximately 3", handle approximately 4"
- Warikomi steel
- Folding knife of semi-folding type - the blade is much longer than its...
- Perfect tactical knife for everything - Camping, Hiking, Backpack,...
- High quality knife. Matte 440 stainless steel - excellent balance of...
- Total length 16 inches approx blade length 10 inches approx and handle...
- our all items are 100% handmade and authentic damascus steel 100% ,...
- better quality of the sharp edge of the blade guaranteed , perfect grip ,...
So what is the best friction folder knife?
The best friction folder knives are
- Opinel no.6
- Kershaw Pub
- Svord Mini peasant
If I had to pick just one, it would be Opinel no.6; this is because it offers you a wide option based on the same shape and design.
The handle is made from beech wood that offers an excellent grip; this means it cannot slip when cutting if properly handled.
Last update on 2022-06-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API