Do you have a burning question about Survivalism or Prepping that you want answered?
Then there's a good chance that you can find the answer here because I've answered a list of all the frequently asked Survival and Prepper questions I hear frequently.
What's the best Survival knife?
Some of the best brands include...
What's the best way to chop wood for a fire or building a shelter?
- Use a felling axe for the initial chopping.
- Or a machete if that's all you have to hand.
- Alternatively a tomahawk can be used.
- And then a camping saw to break any wood down into smaller pieces.
How do I light a fire? What about if I have no matches or lighter?
- Always carry a permanent match with you for emergency heat.
- Failing that here's how to start a fire without matches or lighter.
- If you've never started a fire before then read this first.
What if I need to bug out, what's the best plan?
- Have your vehicle bugged out in advance.
- Pick a bug out location in advance.
- Build your shelter in advance so it's ready when you need it.
- Consider building an underground bunker where possible.
- For short term shelter a simple tarp can be effective.
What about food, how should I prepare?
- Here's 7 easy prepper recipes.
- And learn how to cook with rocks, fire, and other items of nature here.
What type of flashlight should I carry?
- This is probably the best AAA flashlight available.
- If you need a smaller pocket flashlight then consider this one.
What other essential survival gear do I need?
- Carry a SAM Splint if out hiking in the wilderness, it can save your life.
- A solid pair of boots for rucking, trekking, and hiking.
- You'll of course need a durable and sizeable backpack.
- A poncho to keep you and your gear dry during bad weather.
- To save carrying endless tools a multi-tool can be very useful.
- If you plan to be digging then a camping shovel is practical.
- Don't forget your basic "every day carry" items either.
I'm on a tight budget, can I still prep?
- Absolutely, you can prep on the cheap regardless of your budget.
If SHTF then what should I be expecting?
- Don't wait till it happens and instead be prepared in advance and secure your home.
- Consider keeping essential tools, food, gear and even advanced stuff like radiation detectors.
The Most Common Prepper & Survival Questions Answered
I hope that's answered some of your queries.
And if you have any common questions about Survival, Prepping, or EDC then get in touch and I'll gladly answer your question here on this page for the world to take advantage of.