One of the essential equipment that Navy Seals need is a knife. The US Military authorizes and adopts the various type of knives that their personnel can use.
However, other branches of the US army special forces and the navy seal can use the knives they find ideal.
This means that there are no rules or special mandates regarding which type of knives they can use.
They are allowed to shop through different types and brands of knives in the market for their ideal choice.
The navy seal knife of choice features the following elements;
the knife has to withstand a wide range of harsh elements without getting spoilt.
The knife needs to be made from the best types and most robust of materials.
Most navy seals consider this element before any other factors.
For instance, a navy seal can use any knife (see a list of fighting knives here ), from combat to rescue and survival knives, as long as it can survive the most challenging conditions.
the best navy seal knife SOG should be highly functional.
Note that the knives are usually used for different applications.
For instance, there are combat knives, tactical knives, and rescue knives.
The different knives are designed to meet various needs and purposes.
Below are some of the top types of knives used by navy seals;
These are perhaps the essential type of knife used in the military.
While soldiers usually have several defence tools, like guns and numerous ammunition, they also need an excellent combat knife.
Every soldier has a combat knife among his essentials. Combat knives usually have sharp blades, which allow for effectiveness.
The navy seal uses this type of knife for eliminating obstacles and creating paths when they are on the battlefield or going through shrubby areas.
They also use these knives to prepare means, cot wood in the jungle’s wilderness, and skin animals. In simple terms, these knives are used for all other purposes except fighting.
These knives are used for removing meat from bones. They are not mandatory for Navy Seals. However, they come in handy for various feeding purposes.
- SOLID DESIGN: Built for Navy & Navy SEALs with High Performance Steel...
- FAST DEPLOYMENT: Assisted Opening With Flipper Tab For Reliable One-Handed...
- SIZE: 3 ½" Stainless 3mm Thick Steel Blade, 5" Closed Length, Fits In...
- Made of 440A Stainless Steel
- 6 inch plain edge blade
- Knife Open Length: 10.75-Inch
- Snake Eye Tactical Combat Knife.
- Overall Length 9", 5" Blade & 3.75" Handle
- Sharp 440 Stainless Steel Drop Point Blade.
In addition to the types of knives mentioned above, we also need to look at the most popular knife brands among navy seals. Below are some of the most popular brands of navy seal knives in the market;
This brand is trendy because its products are very effective. #ff0000;”>SOG seal knives can be used as skull crushers, glass breakers, and hammers, in addition to the typical knife applications.
These elements speak to the strength of SOG seal knives.
These knives are also popular because they are corrosion-resistant and highly durable.
This means that they are ideal for use in the jungle.
- EVERYDAY CARRY KNIFE BLADE: A great value for a daily carry EDC knife to...
- WORK KNIFE WITH SOG ASSISTED OPENING TECH: This EDC assisted opening pocket...
- LOW-CARRY FOLDING POCKET KNIFE CLIP: This edc pocket knife is perfect as an...
- QUICK ACCESS POCKET EMERGENCY KNIFE: The SOG Escape is a quick open...
- FIRST RESPONDER RESCUE KNIFE: Features a cord-cutting groove for cutting...
- ONE-HAND OPEN + LOCKBACK: Use the thumbstuds to access this assisted...
- 3.63 INCH CLIP POINT BLADE: This heavy-duty, EDC pocket knife is a capable...
- ONE-HAND OPEN WITH LOCKBACK: This flipper knife is easy to open with an...
- HARDCASED BLACK STAINLESS STEEL: Folding pocket knife is durable as a...
They also feature sliders for opening tins, cutting wood, and shrubs. This means that they can be used as different types of navy seal knives.
Additionally, these knives have comfortable handles, and they can tolerate the harsh conditions in the bush.
Knives by Yarborough are typically made of stainless steel. They feature 7-inch blades, and they are issued to the US special forces during their graduation ceremonies.
The Navy Seal can also apply them because of their durability and functionality.
- Odenwolf WHUNTER - Hunting Knife with Sheath - Strong Full Tang Fixed Blade...
- POLYPROPYLENE SHEATH - The bushcraft survival knife comes in a hard sheath...
- RAZOR-SHARP BLADE - 420 steel is absolutely easy and good to sharpen - even...
- 4. 75 INCH AUS-8 STEEL PARTIALLY SERRATED BLADE: The SEAL Pup outdoor knife...
- 5. 4 OUNCE WT. W/ BLACK GRN HANDLE: This stainless fixed blade military...
- MOLLE-COMPATIBLE SHEATH ATTACHMENT: Easily carry this versatile back pack...
- Full-Tang Knife: Constructed from high-quality, rugged materials, this...
- "Premium Blade: 0.13 inch thick knife blade features a square-edged ground...
- Symmetrical Handle: Provides a comfortable grip, keeps the knife steady,...
ASEK survival knives
- Made of 1095 Carbon Steel
- 4.95 inch partially serrated blade
- Knife Closed Length: 3.25-Inch
- Survival/egress knife with sturdy 5-inch carbon-steel blade
- Serrated edge with saw teeth on spine; zinc phosphate finish
- High-strength, machined-aluminum, insulated handle
- Iconic 499 survival knife carried by pilots for generations for survival in...
- 1095 carbon steel blade - 0. 1875 thickness
- 9. 5" overall length - 5" blade length
The Navy Seals look for the following features in their knives…
The Navy Seals carry the following types of knives…
- Combat knives.
- Tactical knives.
- Boning knives.
And the Navy Seals use the following brands of knives…
- SOG Seal
- Cold SteelSRK
- ASEK survival knives
Last update on 2022-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API