Most people who go camping, hiking, fishing, or hunting enjoy carrying a flipper knife for various reasons.
But the problem is not getting a suitable knife to carry. The problem is choosing the best knife to use.
Since I am a fan of doing these activities, I always ensure I have a flipper knife with me, and apart from that, I am constantly researching the best knives in the market.
Here are the three best flipper knives…
Best Flipper Knives to Buy
1. The James Brand – The Carter
This is one of the most trending knives that you can use.
Specifications of the James Brand Knife
• The blade length is 2.75/ 7.0cm, while the overall length is 6.5/16.7cm
• It weighs 85 grams
• It has a drop point shape
• It has a straight edge
• The material used is Micarta, which is stainless steel
• It has an Ambidextrous slide lock type
• The pocket clip can be removed and replaced with a lanyard insert
• It has a slide-lock mechanism
• It is corrosion-resistant
Pros and Cons of the James Brand Flipper Knife
• It is lightweight and slim
• It is easy to use
• It has been made with a durable material
• It is quite expensive
The James Brand flipper knife has several specifications, and it is easy to use.
It is slim and not heavy, which means you can always carry it whenever you go.
2. Kershaw Cryo II Pocket Knife
This is another great knife that lefties and righties can use. It can be used while hunting, fishing, hiking, and working.
It is also suitable for emergencies and tactical use.
Key Specifications of Kershaw Knife
• It weighs 0.1kg
• It has been made with Titanium carbo-nitride
• It has a secure locking system that is two metal plates on both sides of the blade
• It is equipped with a durable 8Cr13MoV stainless steel drop point blade
• Kershaw has been manufactured with high-performance steel to resist damage.
• It has an attractive blade coating
• It offers a fast deployment
• It can be used with one hand
Pros and Cons of Kershaw Cryo II
• It is fast, easy, and safe to use
• It is corrosion resistant
• It has a great design, and you can carry it tip-up or tip-down
• It is durable and affordable
• The belt clips grab tightly, and you may require an extra force to pull it off.
Kershaw Cryo II is a good knife to use since it cuts through anything with ease. It is also very affordable, and you can use it for years.
3. Benchmade 300SSN Axis
This flipper knife is ideal for everyday carry, and you can use it for almost anything, including fishing, hunting, working, etc.
Key Specifications of this Knife
• It weighs 0.3 pounds
• It has a stainless steel blade
• The handle has been made with fibreglass
• It has a serrated edge
• It is well-designed
• It has a functional axis that allows you to open it quickly
• It is stable in high temperatures
Pros and Cons of Benchmade 300SSN Axis
• It is durable
• It is impervious to moisture
• It is rust-resistant
• The handle is a bit rough, but it smoothens after a while.
Although this blade is big, it is easy to flip open and close. It is also made of good material and comes at a reasonable price.
- Thank Small - Overall Length:163mm/6.44", Blade Length:71mm/2.8", Handle...
- Never Need Sharpen - If you love a razor sharp knife, but hate having to...
- Safety Features - Liner Lock secures the titanium blade holder in place...
- Premium S35VN blade provides excellent wear resistance and edge retention.
- Micarta handle for comfortable, secure grip.
- Flipper and thumb stud for opening, the blade deploys effortlessly on a...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - Designed from the ground up as a practical, versatile...
- ERGONOMIC - The Amalgam’s handle features skeletonized stainless steel...
- SUPERIOR QUALITY - The brainchild of a Mechanical Engineering student and...
- Smooth Opening: IKBS ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth
- Easy To Sharpen: High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Fast Opening: Flipper deploys the blade fast
- Compact Size:3.50" (90mm), Closed Length:4.35" (111mm), Overall Length:8"...
- Sleek Fit In Pocket: A supremely thin design acts like a pen in your...
- Smooth Fast Deployment: Flipper Tab with brass wahser pivot deploys the...
So what’s the Best Flipper Knife?
The best flipper knife is the Benchmade 300SSN Axis since it is big and would fit in my hand comfortably.
It also comes at a reasonable price, and it is very functional.
Last update on 2021-08-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API