Whether you are a seasoned or beginner outdoor lover, having the best camping essentials can make or break your trip.
It’s obvious you need a tent and a sleeping bag but some of the other items you might not think of or even know about…
…until it’s too late.
Listed below are the 8 camping must-haves…
While you might prefer sleeping under the stars, it’s always advisable to have an emergency shelter, such as a tent, in place in case of extreme weather conditions.
Still, a tent will protect you against winds.
Some of the tent accessories you need to carry along include tent poles, rope, rainfly and stakes.
2. Fire Starter
It’s impossible to have the best camping experience without a crackling, warm campfire.
So, it would help if you had the necessary tools to start one fast.
You can start a fire with matches, flint and steel, a magnesium fire starter or a cigarette lighter.
If you decide to choose a match, ensure it is waterproof.
It’s a good idea to carry an extra fore starter in case one becomes faulty. Carry a little kindling, too, such as strips of newspaper or dry bark.
3. Water Bottle
When exploring outdoors, water is an essential item to have; it runs out fast the further you go into the woods.
The last thing you want to lack as you walk in the lands is a freshwater supply.
Remember that taking untreated water from the lakes or ponds can be hazardous due to mould and bacteria.
4. Sleeping Bag
Sleeping on a bed of leaves and moss may seem fantastic, but you will not feel the desired warmth throughout the night.
During the night, temperatures can drop to a great extent.
The other thing is that most insects are active at night, so they may try to have a part of you.
If you are going with children, you should always have a kid’s sleeping bag.
5. First Aid Kit
You may never face a life-threatening injury throughout your camping, but long hiking can make you develop blisters.
Minor scrapes and cuts, too, may become infected if left untreated.
Due to this, please ensure you have antiseptic and bandages on hand.
The first aid kit must have other essentials like adhesive, scissors, CPR mouth barrier, soap, emergency whistle and gauze.
Remember to include insect repellent and sunscreen, too, because bug bites and sunburn can end your trip prematurely.
6. Map and Compass
Always carry a map and compass or GPS if you plan to camp or hike in remote areas.
The sun’s continuously changing positions can make hiking landmarks appear unfamiliar.
Unprepared campers have regularly strolled the forests for days before finding their way back to the camping sites or getting rescued.
Getting lost in the woods, particularly with an insufficient water supply, is unimaginable.
7. Pocket Knife
A pocket knife is a multipurpose camping essential. You can use this tool to:
- Dice bait
- Trim a rope
- Slice sausage or cheese
- Cut fishing line
- Sharpen a stick
- Open a tightly sealed container
- Tighten a screw
- Deal with tangled vines
- Skin a small animal
Without a knife, it will be tricky to perform the tools mentioned above.
8. Head Lamp, Lantern or Flashlight
A campfire may be bright and lovely but cannot illuminate a long distance.
You, thus, need to have a battery-powered light because you might need to visit the restroom in the middle of the night.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: The Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station has...
- EASY TO CARRY: This entry-level portable power station is equipped with a...
- VERSATILE POWER SOURCE: 1* Pure Sine Wave AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak),...
- ★2021 NEW UPGRADED:Newest combination first aid kits,based on customers'...
- ★ APPROVED: Medical grade quality. Manufactured with the finest equipment...
- ★MULTIPURPOSE: Perfect for any occasion or events - family, home,...
- The bottle sized camping chair for anywhere: Cliq Camping Chairs are almost...
- A camping chair ready in five seconds: Designed in Santa Barbara, the Cliq...
- Sturdy and stable fold up chair: Cliq outdoor folding chairs have been...
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 7.1 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 37 Inches
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: WE STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCTS AND WARRANTY....
- Compact Toolkit: Contains 14 different tools including Hammer, Axe, Pliers,...
- Heavy Duty: Full stainless steel with durable black oxidation for the main...
What Are Must Have Camping Items?
The 8 camping must have items are…
- Fire Starter
- Water Bottle
- Sleeping Bag
- First Aid Kit
- Map and Compass
- Head Lamp
Be sure you have them all.
Last update on 2022-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API