Do you have a survival plan should shit hit the fan?
However, if you want to be prepared for the worst, you have to think of how to escape from the epicentre of your troubles with ease.
You may argue that you have a car.
However, few cars can handle the chaos that may degenerate on the road in a crisis.
Besides, most of them may not handle the off road terrain.
The best choice is a motorcycle.
A good bug-out bike can handle varying terrain, obstruction and other issues that a car cannot.
Let us explore three of the best bug-out motorcycles that you may consider buying.
Kawasaki KLR 650
Kawasaki KLR 650 is a 652cc dual-sport motorcycle that is reliable, easy on fuel and looks good.
This motorcycle has a pricier model called Adventure, which comes with a 9.1-gallon tank and two side cases.
The motorcycle has a fuel efficiency of 40 mpg, meaning that the Adventure model can handle 350 miles on a full tank. That is incredible!
The Adventure model has auxiliary LED lights, while both have a 17-inch rear wheel and a 21-inch front wheel.
These wheels can handle tarmac and thin, uneven surfaces.
This model uses a 5-speed transmission that comes with a multi-disc clutch and return shift.
It also has an ABS braking system.
• A large tank makes it ideal for a long-distance escape
• It is rugged, making it suitable for off-road conditions
• It comes with storage options
• It is quite expensive
• You may struggle to find some parts
I have included it on the list for its rugged nature and large fuel tank.
If looking for an all-weather dirt bike for your survival, the R1250GSA from BMW has what it takes to handle terrains.
The 1,254 cc Boxer engine uses an electric ignition and delivers 134 horsepower.
It can cruise up to 125 mph in smooth road conditions. Besides, the four-stroke engine has impressive fuel economy (50mpg), hitting 400 miles with its 7.9 gallons.
You can also switch between three riding modes: Eco, Road and Rain. It also has a Hill Start Control and Dynamic Traction Control to help you ride with ease.
The full information display at the front shows mileage, speed and maps. You also get light from its LED headlight and power from a USB charging socket.
• If its information control system offers interactivity and lots of information
• It has high fuel economy
• It has a keyless ignition system
• The exhaust pipe looks out of place
• The switches are not backlit
A combination of fuel economy and good features brings it to this list.
Suzuki DR-400S is a dual sports motorcycle that gives you a retro feel while riding it across varying terrain.
It runs on a 398cc DOHC engine that is well-adjusted for both on and off-road conditions.
Besides, it uses a 5-speed transmission system that has a fuel economy of 44mpg. The engine is accompanied by a 2.6-gallon tank that is able to handle 115 miles to empty.
Suzuki DR-400S is highly reliable with dual-purpose tires, long-travel suspension, and a narrow frame for enhanced comfort.
• It is a handy bike, which performs reliably
• It has a smooth ride, even on bumpy surfaces
• Its fuel economy is good
• It has a small full tank
• It may be too tall for some people
I picked it for its reliability and durability.
- ✅ MATERIAL -- Made A+ Grade durable nylon ripstop fabric;...
- ✅ OUTSTANDING STRUCTURE -- 17"(L) x 10.6"(W) x 8.2"(H). Main Compartment...
- ✅ MOLLE MODULAR DESIGN -- Molle webbing system on front and 2 sides,...
- ✔ COMBAT VETERAN OWNED COMPANY! I stand by and produce only the products...
- ✔ WATERPROOF LINING, RUGGED MATERIAL, OVERSIZED ZIPPERS - Only the...
- ✔ CONCEALED CARRY READY, LAPTOP SAFE, HYDRATION BLADDER COMPATIBLE -...
- Removes bacteria & parasites: The microfiltration membrane removes...
- Removes microplastics: Removes the smallest microplastics found in the...
- Rigorous Testing: All claims are verified with laboratories using standard...
- Exclusive 200 PCS Survival Kit - Uniquely customized by U.S military...
- Top Quality Survival Gears & Approved First Aid Kit - Includes the most...
- Molle System Compatible - The EMT bag was made of military grade 1000D...
- Versatile backpack featuring padded side-access sleeve for 17" laptop and...
- Front organizer panel and mesh optics pocket
- Compression-molded back panel and adjustable shoulder straps for comfort
So What’s The Best Bugout Motorbike?
The 3 best bugout motorbikes are…
- Suzuki DR-400S
- BMW R1250GSA
- Kawasaki KLR 650.
However, if I were to pick one, I would go for the BMW R1250GSA.
It has excellent fuel economy (which may be in short supply during a crisis), comes with maps (so that you do not get lost), and can handle varying terrain with ease. You may pick any other that serves your needs and preferences.
Last update on 2021-08-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API